Monday 6 September 2021

THE HONEST MAN

                                   THE HONEST MAN 

 


A king, who once ruled in a far - away Land, was very worried, his trusted old servant has died, and a new watchman was needed to guard the Royal Treasure. "I must be careful, " he said to himself. "I must not choose a thief, Because he would rob me. I wonder how I can find an honest man for the job ? " He sent for his chief lord, Who was very wise and clever "My Friend," Said the king. "I need a Watchman to guard the Royal treasure. I want you to find the most honest man in my kingdom"  

"That will be very difficult," replied the chief lord. "I will come back tomorrow and tell you what to do,"
Next day the chief lord returned to the palace. "here is my plan," He said to the king. "Prepare a feast and invite to it everyone who would like to be your watchman."  
The king prepared a great feast and invited all those who wished to guard his treasure. As each man arrived at the palace, He was told how to reach the feasting hall. On the way he had to walk alone through a long passage. On each side of the passage were large sacks which were full of gold and silver coins. 

When the feast was over, the chief lord spoke to the men. "I hope you have enjoyed the food. The king now wishes you to dance. " Strange to say, Nobody moved. They all began to make excuses .  .  .  . . 
All except one man. This man came forward and danced a jig up and down the hall. 

"That is the honest man," Said the chief lord to the king" "All the others have taken some Gold and and silver from the sacks. They are afraid to dance because the coins would jingle and fall out of their pockets. That man did not touch the money and so he is not afraid to dance. "

The king was very pleased. He rewarded the chief lord for his cleverness, and the honest man was made watchman over the treasure.  

3 comments:

ARCTIC FOX

 ARCTIC FOX  The Arctic fox is also known as Polar fox, White fox or snow fox. Arctic foxes are good swimmers. They are well adapted to livi...